Dress 10 Pounds Slimmer
- Choose darker colors as the basis of your wardrobe -- navy, black,
- Use undergarment foundations -- from all-in-one shapers to control top
- Focus on playing up your best features, for example showing off shapely
legs with a knee-length skirt.
- Choose fabrics that don't cling, avoiding stiff or bulky textures.
- Use accessories to draw attention to your face -- scarves, earrings, etc..
- Avoid anything too tight or clingy.
- Make sure you scale your accessories -- from your handbag to your
earrings, to your size.
- Choose clean-lined clothing without big embellishment or buttons.
- Pay special attention to creating strong vertical lines to look taller and
- Prints should be scaled for your body -- no ditzy prints if you are
large. In general, it's the space between prints that makes them
unflattering, so look for prints that have overlapping images.
- Don't shy away from sleeveless garments, especially eveningwear that you
can cover up with a shawl, sheer top or bolero jacket.
- Don't think that baggy clothes make you look slimmer. Body-conscious
clothes that hint at your curves, without being clingy or tight, are the